BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Nov 22: (Day 6) A Day of Rest ... Kind Of

It's Sunday ... a day of rest ... even for village builders. However, I felt like I had to do something. So I did.

I fiddled with 'snow'; rearranged a couple of pieces; figured out how to make trees look like they're sitting in a crevice on the sides of the village (instead of having white fleece for the side); and did a bit of building. Of course, all of that was after I checked those two adapters again. All was still good. Thank God!

So, get your jacket on ... it's cold outside ... 51 degrees ... then, go with me for a ride. I think we'll take the buggy today. Sound all right? OK, then ... let's get rolling!


  • Below the Christmas Tree Farm we came upon the Ludgate Hill Mill. It's not running this time of the year because the creek that feeds into it has frozen over. In fact, there are some men outside of the mill, Ice Cutters, filling up their wagon with giant ice blocks. Wonder what the ice is used for? Maybe to keep a meat locker cold or something.


  • Over the hill and down from the Antique Barn, stands the country Schoolhouse. Classes are out for the holidays, but there are still kids playing on the playground. Angel and Kathy are seeing how high they can get the swings to go. Tommy and Andrea are chasing each other around the Christmas tree. And Beverly and Travis are on the see-saw.


  • Then we had to go quite a ways to find the last building ... the Majestic Peak Observatory. Looks like there is a viewing tonight. Too bad it's getting late and we can't stay; we'll have to go another night.

(Video Length: 34 seconds)

I believe I explained that my village is going to be in an "L" design this year ... at least, that's the plan ... with the vertical leg about 12' long and the horizontal leg about 9' long. The 12' wall holds the North Pole, the Ranch, and the Countryside so far. The observatory is the beginning of the 9' wall and that's where I'll begin tomorrow. The residential area is next and takes the longest due to all the extra wiring required for yard decorations, etc.

Usually, the larger houses go higher on the hill ... the higher on the hill, the wealthier the residents. And, no 'tent city' this year (last year's village had one down by the railroad tracks; some thought it 'tacky' but it was at the request of my son ... yes, the one who thinks a fire is imminent). I may even mix things up. Guess tomorrow will tell!

Good night!

0 comments: