BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 11, 2009

More Decorations

Today I tried something I hadn't for two or three years ... airbrushing glass ornaments. And, of course, I ran into trouble. I couldn't get the air pressure set right on the compressor which resulted in my airbrush "spitting". After a couple of hours of swearing at it, the compressor finally gave in.

Then, I pulled my favorite color out of my paint bin ... a pearlized teal ... only to find the paint had thickened over time. I tried thinning the paint with laquer thinner ... isn't that what it's for? Guess it doesn't apply to airbrush paint because it just made the paint grainy. But, I thought I'd try it anyway. BIG MISTAKE! Now, my airbrush was filled with grainy paint that couldn't get past the needle. So, I wash out the paint cup and take the airbrush apart to clean. Another BIG MISTAKE! The trigger fell out and I couldn't remember how it all went back together. Thank God for the internet! A picture I found was my rescurer!

Airbrush is back together. Compressor is set correctly. Red paint isn't too thick to use. TIME TO BEGIN! And then .... Oops! Dropped the paint cup full of red paint on my gray carpet! UGH! Anyone have a method of getting paint out of carpet? Because now I have gray carpet with a pink tint! Gotta laugh about it or else I'd cry! :)

But, I finally got some ornaments painted and I'd like to share a few of them with you:

Red and Silver

Purple and Silver

Green, Blue and Gold

Blue and Silver

Blue and Gold









0 comments: